THE ARCADIA LIVE is committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers and patrons. As discussed below, we have strict policies governing access by employees and others to customer communications and information. We access customer accounts, records or reports for authorized business purposes only. We educate our staff about their obligation to safeguard customer information and communications, and we hold them accountable for their actions. In short, privacy is a priority for THE ARCADIA LIVE in all aspects of our non-profit organization’s functionality and business duties.
GENERAL PRIVACY PRINCIPLES
The following principles express THE ARCADIA LIVE’s commitment to assuring strong and meaningful customer privacy protection and are intended to guide THE ARCADIA LIVE’s efforts to balance customer privacy with customer interest in receiving quality services. These principles apply to our use of “individual” customer information – that is, information about specific customers. “Individual” customer information includes “personal information” – information particular to you, including your address, phone number, fax number, and email address – and “non-personal information” that may include information such as your network traffic data, services, and features used or call record details. These policies are fully consistent with applicable laws and regulations governing privacy, including the regulations of the Federal Communications Commission (“FCC”). Individual customer information is distinct from “aggregated” customer information, which does not reveal a customer’s identity. Further, the examples provided below are intended to be illustrative, not all-inclusive.
1. THE ARCADIA LIVE obtains and uses individual customer and/or patron information for business purposes only. THE ARCADIA LIVE obtains and uses customer information that helps us to provide our customers with quality products and services. In addition to supporting the direct provision of service, this information may be used to protect customers, employees and property against fraud, theft or abuse; to conduct industry or consumer surveys; and to maintain good customer relations. Access to databases containing customer information is limited to employees who need that information to perform their jobs. These employees are required to follow strict rules when handling customer information and are subject to disciplinary action if they fail to do so.
In order to better serve our customers, we may ask them
questions to elicit additional information about their special needs and
interests. For example, we may ask whether customers work at home, or whether
any members of the household have special needs in order to determine whether
customers may be interested in or might benefit from specific products or
services. In all cases, the information we gather is used to facilitate the
provision of quality customer service. We do not share this information with
third parties to market non-THE ARCADIA LIVE services to our customers.
2. THE ARCADIA LIVE collects information from customers and/or patrons in a number of different ways. THE ARCADIA LIVE may collect information from you through communications such as via the web, or by phone, email or mail delivery, or through the services provided to you as the customer.
You may visit our site without divulging any personal information; however, there are areas of the website that might require personal information in order to contact THE ARCADIA LIVE directly, specifically, when registering e-mails.
Information may also be collected in the following ways:
- A. Browsing Our Site
IP addresses may be collected for the purposes of system administration, to gather broad demographic information, and to monitor the level of activity on our site. Information may be collected regarding the referring URL, which browser you used to come to our site, and the pages of our site that you viewed during your visit and any search terms entered on our site. E-mails may be sent by the customer to THE ARCADIA LIVE on this website. THE ARCADIA LIVE may retain the information in any email that you send to us, such as your name, e-mail, address, or telephone number.
- B. Information Collected on Our Website
We collect data about visitors to our subscriber website, using some automated means such as Google Analytics, and reserve the right to use other methods such as cookies, clear GIFs, and passive automatic electronic collection. We may work with third-party companies to engage in such collection.
4. THE ARCADIA LIVE gives customers opportunities to control access to Information. THE ARCADIA LIVE is committed to providing customers with opportunities to control how THE ARCADIA LIVE uses customer information about them. Customers can express a preference not to be called for marketing purposes. Customers may also opt-out of our direct mailings and other service marketing programs. A customer may indicate a change in such preferences at any time by contacting THE ARCADIA LIVE.
5. THE ARCADIA LIVE enables customers to control how THE ARCADIA LIVE discloses individual information. Ordinarily, THE ARCADIA LIVE will only share individual customer information with persons or entities outside the company to assist us in the provision of services to which the customer subscribes, or as required by law or to protect the safety of customers, employees or property. We do not use third-party marketers, nor do we share access to individual customer information derived from the provision of THE ARCADIA LIVE services with other companies interested in marketing other services to our customers – and we would not do so without the consent of the customer. THE ARCADIA LIVE is committed to ensuring that customer information is not used without the knowledge and permission of our customers.
However, there are exceptions to our general practice. For
example, unless you request otherwise, we may share certain non-sensitive
information with our affiliated companies with whom we have established
business relationships. In addition, if THE ARCADIA LIVE enters into a merger,
acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, a customer’s personally
identifiable information will, in most instances, be transferred as a part of
the transaction, subject to required notices to affected customers. In
addition, we may, where permitted by law, provide information to credit bureaus,
or provide information and/or sell receivables to collection agencies, to
obtain payment for THE ARCADIA LIVE billed products and services.
We never tamper with, intrude upon or disclose the existence or contents of any communication or transmission, except as required by law or the proper management of our network. Access to databases containing customer information is limited to employees who need it to perform their jobs – and they follow strict guidelines when handling that information. We use safeguards to increase data accuracy and to identify and authenticate the sources of customer information. We use locks and physical security measures, sign-on and password control procedures, and internal auditing techniques to protect against unauthorized use of terminals and entry into our data systems. THE ARCADIA LIVE requires that records be safeguarded from loss, theft, unauthorized disclosure, and accidental destruction. In addition, sensitive, confidential, or proprietary records are protected and maintained in a secure environment. It is our policy to destroy records containing sensitive, confidential, or proprietary information in a secure manner. Hard copy confidential, proprietary, or sensitive documents are made unreadable before disposition, shredding, or recycling. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Just as employees would report stolen property, missing records and suspicious incidents involving records are referred to THE ARCADIA LIVE Management. We encourage our employees to be proactive in implementing and enforcing THE ARCADIA LIVE’s privacy policies. If employees become aware of practices that raise privacy or security concerns, they are required to report them to their supervisors.
THE ARCADIA LIVE is responsible for ensuring that all THE ARCADIA LIVE employees comply with privacy laws and regulations. THE ARCADIA LIVE also requires any consultants, suppliers, and contractors that may come into contact with customer proprietary information to observe these privacy rules with respect to any of our customers’ individual customer information. They must abide by these principles when conducting work for us, and they will be held accountable for their actions.
7. THE ARCADIA LIVE takes special care to protect the safety and privacy of young people using its services. THE ARCADIA LIVE takes reasonable precautions to protect your personal information against unauthorized access. THE ARCADIA LIVE does not knowingly collect information about children. THE ARCADIA LIVE believes that children should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. Children should always ask a parent for permission before sending personal information to THE ARCADIA LIVE.
8. THE ARCADIA LIVE complies with all applicable privacy laws and regulations wherever THE ARCADIA LIVE does business. Customer and policymaker perceptions of privacy have changed over time and will continue to do so. Changes in technology can also alter what is appropriate in protecting privacy. Laws may change accordingly. We regularly examine – and update as necessary –THE ARCADIA LIVE’s privacy policies and internal procedures to ensure compliance with applicable law and evolving technology. THE ARCADIA LIVE also will monitor customer needs and expectations. In addition to complying with the law, THE ARCADIA LIVE will adhere to its internal privacy policies and procedures wherever we do business.
9. THE ARCADIA LIVE gives an authorized Government Agency access to customer information only upon valid request. THE ARCADIA LIVE may release customer information in response to requests from governmental agencies, including law enforcement and national security agencies, in accordance with federal statutory requirements or pursuant to a court order. Before releasing any customer information, THE ARCADIA LIVE will ensure that the underlying governmental request satisfies all procedural and substantive legal requirements and is otherwise proper. For example, THE ARCADIA LIVE will ensure that any court orders are valid, properly issued, and legally enforceable.
Except as required by law or with the approval of the customer, THE ARCADIA LIVE will not release any customer information in response to subpoenas or similar requests issued by private parties. Further, THE ARCADIA LIVE will be diligent in authenticating the validity of any “governmental” request to ensure that the request actually originates from an authorized government agency.
10. THE ARCADIA LIVE’s “Do Not Call” List
Any THE ARCADIA LIVE customer can express a preference not to be called by us for marketing purposes, and THE ARCADIA LIVE will respect such preference. A customer that does not wish to receive sales calls from THE ARCADIA LIVE specifically may ask to be placed on our company specific “Do Not Call” list. We will note the customer’s request immediately, although it may take up to 30 days for the customer’s telephone number to be removed from any active lists or sales programs that are currently underway.
Any customer can ask to be put on our “Do Not Call” list by contacting THE ARCADIA LIVE. The requesting customer should provide, at a minimum, the telephone number they wish to be placed on our “Do Not Call” list. A residential customer will remain on our “Do Not Call” list for five years, and a business customer will remain on our “Do Not Call” list for one year, unless the customer asks to be removed from the list by contacting us. If a customer’s telephone number ever changes, the customer must give us updated information in order for the “Do Not Call” status to remain in effect.
Notwithstanding the fact that a customer’s telephone number is on our “Do Not Call” list, we may still contact that customer with respect to surveys, billing, and other service-related matters. Further, the customer should understand that being on our “Do Not Call” list will not prevent calls from other companies unaffiliated with THE ARCADIA LIVE.
11. FURTHER INFORMATION
While we have made significant efforts to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and we will not be held liable should a third party illegally obtain your personal information via Internet transmission.
THE ARCADIA LIVE
ATTN: Venue Manager
717 Water Street
Kerrville, TX 78028